Office of the Commissioner, Central Excise & Customs, Vadodara – II
Central Excise & Customs Building, Subhanpura, Vadodara – 390 023.
CENTRALISED ORDER No. DOPM/ADC-JC/28/2006 ESTABLISHMENT ORDER No.32/2006
Sub:- Distribution of work among Joint Commissioners – Reg.
Consequent upon the transfer of Shri. G.P. Chandolia, Joint Commissioner from this Commissionerate and the posting of Shri. B. C. Rajak and Shri U. Niranjan, Joint Commissioners to this Commissionerate, the distribution of work among the Joint Commissioners posted in this Commissionerate is ordered as under.
|Sr.No.||Name of the officer & Designation (S/Shri)||Charges allotted|
|01.||Shri U. NiranjanJoint Commissioner||1. Hdqrs Audit branch2. Hdqrs Technical branch3. Hdqrs Statistics branch4. Supervision over Service Tax Cell and Central Excise & Customs Division - Waghodia.5. Recovery Cell6. Hdqrs Adjudication cell 7. Systems & Commissionerate’s website |
8. Revenue reconciliation
9. Adjudication of the cases of Joint
pertaining to Service Tax and
Central Excise & Customs,
Division - Waghodia.10. Any other work assigned by the Commissioner.
|02.||P.K. SumanJoint Comissioner||1. Hqrs Preventive branch2. Supervision over the functioning |
of Central Excise & Customs
Divisions - Bharuch and Makarpura3. Adjudication of cases of Joint Commissioner’s competence pertaining to Central Excise & Customs Divisions - Bharuch and Makarpura.4. Work pertaining to Assessee’s Help Centres and Citizen charter.5. Work pertaining to Right to Information Act.6. Work relating to ISO 9002.7. Any other work assigned by the Commissioner.
|3.||B.C. RajakJoint Commissioner||1. Personnel & Vigilance branch 2. Administration and Accounts3. Supervision over functioning of Central Excise & Customs, Divisions City & Halol 4. Hqrs Legal & Review branch5. Settlement Commission Cases6. Hindi Cell7. Adjudication of cases of Joint Commissioner’s competence pertaining to City & Halol Divisions.8. Any other work assigned by the Commissioner.|
2. Shri. U. Niranjan as Joint Commissioner in-charge of Hdqrs-Technical branch, Hqrs - Audit branch and Hdqrs – Recovery Cell shall be responsible for –
(a) Monthly updating of master list of arrears which is maintained by every Division as per my note F.No. CCE/MISC/V-II/2003 dated 14-6-2004;
(b) Close monitoring of the revenue from all the units whose annual duty payment (PLA + CENVAT) is one crore and above in the format as per my note F.No. CCE/MISC/V-II/2003 dated 20-12-2004;
(c) Monitoring of Service Tax revenue from the top 30 assessees and top 30 services ; and (d) preparing audit plan for every quarter as per the instructions of the Board and ensuring that the audit is conducted as per the plan ; and
(e) desk review and in depth audit of units whose duty payment per annum (PLA + CENVAT) is Rs. Three crore or above is conducted as per detailed orders issued by me in this regard.
3. Shri B. C. Rajak as Joint Commissioner in-charge of Personnel & Vigilance branch and Legal branch shall -
(a) conduct regular inspections in the corruption prone areas as per my orders F.No. CCE/MISC/V-II/2003 dated 27-10-2004;
(b) he shall also prepare every month a list of the orders-in-appeal passed by High Courts, CESTAT and CCE (Appeals) favorable to the department received during the month and forward the same to Joint Commissioner (Tech) as well as to Recovery Cell for effecting recovery of arrears ; and
(c) he shall brief me at the end of every month about the position of the major cases pending before CESTAT, Settlement Commission and various High Courts and Supreme Court.
4. All the Joint Commissioners, shall complete the inspections of their respective Divisions/Ranges by December, 2006 and shall also ensure that the scrutiny of ER-1 returns filed by the units whose annual duty payment (PLA + CENVAT) is Rs. 1 crore or above, is systematically done as per the instructions of the board. This scrutiny shall be done in co ordination with the Desk Review unit as per the detailed orders issued by me in this regard.
Central Excise & Customs
F.No. 3/6/2002/Estt. Vadodara, Dated : 16-06-2006.
- The Chief Commissioner, Central Excise & Customs, Vadodara Zone/Ahmedabad Zone.
- The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Ahmedabad.
- The Commissioner, Central Excise & Customs, Vadodara – I/Ahmedabad – I/II/III, Surat – I/II, Vapi, Daman, Rajkot, Bhavnagar/Customs – Ahmedabad/Customs – Preventive Jamnagar/Custom House – Kandla.
- All Additional/Joint/Dy./Asst. Commissioners, Central Excise & Customs, Vadodara – I/II.
- All Section Heads, Central Excise & Customs, Vadodara – I/II.
- The CAO/PAO, Central Excise & Customs, Vadodara – I/II.
- Guard/Master/Posting File/Individual.